Surveying Education Land Links
Since 1988, the CST
program has certified thousands of technicians across the United States. During that time, the land surveying profession has evolved considerably due to technological innovation. In the midst of so much change, it has become harder and harder for employers to determine whether a survey technician is versed in the “old” ways or the “new”; those with wide experience are in short supply.
CST offers four levels of certification with specialty focuses upon arrival at level II:
- Level I technicians are required to demonstrate knowledge of basic skills
- Level II technicians must have 1.5 years experience or 65 semester hours
- Level III technicians must have 3.5 years experience or 65 semester hours
- Level IV technicians must complete a custom essay-based submission
- Top survey education
WHAT IS CFEDS?
The Certified Federal Surveyor (CFedS) program will:
- Increase the pool of qualified surveyors to perform work on or near federal interest lands.
- Ensure such surveys comply with regulations and policies, decreasing the chance and expense of rework.
- Provide opportunities to increase self-determination for Indian tribes.
- This site provides an internet home for CFedS surveyors and groups that require the services provided by the CFedS.
This site provides an Internet home for CFedS surveyors and groups that require the services provided by the CFedS. The Certified Federal Surveyor site provides registration and training for registered/licensed land surveyors and pre-registered/pre-licensed land surveyors to register for the CFedS program, monitor their progress through the course work and educational material, and maintain their CFedS Profile for program users to access their services.
For groups that are using the services of the CFedS Surveyor, this site provides tools to locate available CFedS services & survey education in their area and to contact potential service providers. Financial and contract arrangements for services will be handled directly by the group procuring services and the CFedS Surveyor.
This site also provides a mechanism for continuous feedback on the performance of the functions in this site and the ability to contact CFedS Program Managers.
For other helpful links, please Click Here